Thursday, September 18, 2008

habari

so i made it safe and sound to Kenya. no snags in travelling just the usual delirium that accompanies those drastic pressure changes and ridiculous time changes. :) the house i am staying at is amazing. i feel very spoiled-i mean i took a hot shower today! yesterday i took the morning slow to recover from the jet lag and then played at the children's center all afternoon. I am just kind of taking it slow figuring out what exactly my role might look like here. I am going to do some mural paintings at a new baby home they are just starting, accompany the home social worker on some house visits and do some bean sprouts activities with teh older kids in the afternoons after they get home from school. Right now I am trying my very best to be. I am not a good be-er. I am trying to bring glory to God, love intentionally and radically with Christ's heart and power in the very small and slow moments. I was really nervous about being ridiculously lonely and overwhelmed feeling like the first summer but that has not happened at all. my house is full of incredible people giving their lives away and i think i will find great community in them. thats all for now...so much love from my heart to yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you made it safe. Sounds like it was a long trip...international travel can be really hard when crossing many different time zones.

It was really cool to see your face pop up on the screen on Sunday and hear prayers being lifted up on your behalf. Please know that you are not forgotten!

I had to laugh when you said the you are "just trying to be". That is one of my biggest struggles because I always want to "go do", not just "be" and listen to him. If you get a good handle on that, you should write a book soon!

Thanks for taking the time to blog and keep us up to date. We are praying for you...

Paul

JimHouser said...

profound thoughts. the girl can blog people. be and blog. : ) following along and praying for you here.

Jim (and Sarah)